Concrete Plant Mechanic / Batch Operator - Apply Online Print Application
The purpose of this position is to perform plant maintenance and batch ready mix concrete to be delivered to construction sites typically within a 20 mile radius of the plant. The mechanic / operator may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant. Familiarity and strict adherence to all company policies that impact job, including but not limited to: lockout/tagout, confined space and hazard communications.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years experience operating computerized concrete batch panel.
- Clean appearance.
- Drug free.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of concrete mix designs.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with cutting and welding.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- The production of quality ready mix concrete in accordance with required mix specifications.
- Managing the day-to-day functions of the plant yard.
- Perform opening, startup and shutdown of batch plant.
- The batch man / maintenance personnel may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant.
- Interacting regularly with dispatchers, haulers, drivers, customers, operations, production and quality control personnel.
- Daily inspection of entire plant facility.
- Performing routine, preventative, diagnostic and repair maintenance on all plant equipment in a timely and cost effective manner.
- May require travel to potentially any of our plant locations based on need.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by management personnel.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret directions.
- Must be able to work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following Company safety guidelines and following Company policies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Hours vary by week.
- Must be able to do moderately strenuous work, ability to lift over 50 pounds and endure long periods of standing/walking/sitting as well as continuous strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting.
- This position is an indoor and outdoor position exposed to all weather conditions.
- Must have transportation to get to work on time.
- Must be familiar with computerized batch panel and how plant operates.
- Must be able to pass a company drug screen and physical.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Must have computer skills.