Diesel Truck Mechanic - Apply Online Print Application
The purpose of this position is to perform routine, preventative, diagnostic and repair maintenance on all Company equipment in a timely and cost effective manner. The mechanic may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant. Familiarity and strict adherence to all company policies that impact job, including but not limited to: lockout/tagout, confined space and hazard communication.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years diesel mechanic experience relating to heavy trucks, tractors and trailers.
- Clean appearance.
- Drug free.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of current D.O.T. requirements.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with cutting and welding.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Perform repairs as needed on fleet equipment in yard as well as on the road.
- Maintain repair orders to include labor hours, parts used and general comments.
- Order parts as needed and maintain inventory control.
- Mechanics may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant.
- Interacting with fleet manager, drivers, batch men and operation and production personnel.
- Daily inspection of lot to verify equipment condition and identify potential out of service items.
- Operate basic shop tools including: welders, torches, impact wrenches, grinders, ladders and other equipment as assigned.
- May require travel to potentially any of our plant locations based on needs.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by management personnel.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read/write/interpret directions.
- Must be able to work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following Company safety guidelines and following Company policies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Hours vary by week.
- Must be able to do moderately strenuous work, ability to lift over 75 pounds and endure long periods of standing/walking as well as continuous strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting.
- This position is an indoor and outdoor position exposed to all weather conditions.
- Must have transportation to get to work on time.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Computer skills are a plus.