Quality Control Technician - Print Application
The purpose of this position is to oversee quality control of concrete both at job sites and plant locations. The Quality Control Technician will interact regularly with customers and batch personnel. The Quality Control Technician may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years of experience with testing ready mix concrete.
- Clean appearance.
- Drug free.
- A.C.I. Field Technician Grade 1 / MoDOT certified.
- Knowledge of concrete mix designs.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Computer literate.
- Good background in math.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Ensuring quality throughout the entire process of producing ready mix concrete to include raw materials, mix designs and finished products.
- Interacting regularly with customers, sales representatives, operation and production employees, vendors and engineers.
- Overseeing quality control of concrete on job sites.
- Maintain records and write reports regarding job site issues, driver performance and product problems.
- Assists in ensuring that job mix formulas are incorporated into mixing plant operations consistent with central laboratory design.
- Compiles and reports final summaries of testing results from completed projects.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Control Manager.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Working in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following Company safety guidelines and following Company policies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. 40+ hours per week.
- Must be able to do moderately strenuous work, ability to lift over 50 pounds and endure long periods of standing/walking as well as continuous strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting.
- This position is an outdoor position exposed to all weather conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, their employees and state employees.
- Ability and knowledge to work with dispatch, sales and customers to create and change mix designs; staying within cost parameters.