Professional Ready Mix Concrete Truck Driver - Apply Online Print Application
The purpose of this position is to drive, operate and maintain a ready mix concrete truck in a safe and professional manner. The position must give special attention to customer service, as this is the point of most frequent contact with customers. Individuals in this position should be willing and able to provide customers with quality service, doing all they can to make the customer service the best in the industry.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years experience driving concrete mixers with manual transmissions.
- Clean appearance.
- Drug free.
- Valid Class A or B C.D.L. driver's license with clean 5 year driving record.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Operate ready mix concrete truck and maintains personal safety in accordance with Company, F.M.C.S.A. and O.S.H.A. policy guidelines.
- Stay informed of all applicable D.O.T. rules and regulations, and operates within those rules and regulations.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on truck and related equipment for operation and safety.
- Keep truck in premium operating condition and clean inside and outside by adhering to truck checkout and cleaning procedures.
- Use sound judgement when setting up equipment on job sites that may be dangerous for the operator, equipment or other personnel.
- Read and understand delivery tickets, especially with regard to delivery location and types and quantities of material to be delivered.
- Report back to dispatch using proper communication procedure, on status of job and for other scheduling purposes.
- Report all mechanical problems with equipment to the proper individual(s).
- Perform a variety of other duties assigned by the plant operator relative to the plant and grounds.
- Perform other assigned duties, and operates other vehicles and/or equipment, with regard to the above standards.
- Perform duties in an efficient manner and assures customer satisfaction.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by management personnel.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read/write/speak English.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following Company safety guidelines and following Company policies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. Hours vary by week.
- Must be able to do moderately strenuous work, ability to lift over 50 pounds and endure long periods of standing, walking, sitting as well as continuous strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting.
- This position is an outdoor position exposed to all weather conditions.
- Must have transportation to get to work on time.
- Must be able to pass a federal Department of Transportation drug screen and physical.